Knights Templar Route
In this tour we´ll follow the footsteps of the Knights Templar, a religious-military order full of mysteries. The Templars had an important role in all the great times and battles in Portugal since the country’s foundation with D. Afonso Henriques till the Portuguese Discoveries.
Monuments you`ll visit
The picturesque village of Constância, Almourol Castle one of the most interesting castles in Portugal built by the Templars on a little island. Tomar Convent of Christ a church inspired in the temple of Salomon its many cloisters and the iconic Manueline window. Both perfect examples to understand the Mystic Knights Templar, both men Knights, Warriors and Monks.
The headquarters of the Templars and, later, the “Order of Christ” was installed in Tomar making it in this Templar capital of Portugal and Spain and one of the most important in the medieval world. The former Knights Templar headquarters in Portugal was built between the XII and XVI century and is nowadays a UNESCO world heritage site.
Afterward, venture to the Gothic-style Church of Santa Maria do Olival, a gorgeous 12th-century church erected for the Knights Templar.
We do the best tours because we do it with passion!
(*) Lunch and monument entrance fee (optional), not included in the cost of the Tour.
- Itinerary: Village of Constância, Almourol Castle, Tomar, Church of Santa Maria do Olival, Convent of Chris
- Full day: 9:00 – 18:00 approx.
- Pick-up / drop-off at the Hotel/Apartment/Cruise terminal
- Minimum 2 pax – max 8 Pax
- For larger groups please contact us.
- Price per person: 80€
- Special discount for groups + 5 people
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- A professional and friendly guide!
- Personal Accident Insurance, according to the current law
- Liability Insurance, according to the current law
Convento e Castelo de Cristo
Igreja dos Olivais
You can also contact us by:
Phone +351 911 146 146